At IJ Holton, our goal is to develop a strong community that sparks growth and well-being for all through:
- programming that engages and empowers students while promoting academic achievement,
- instruction that is intentionally designed to meet the needs of individual students,
- courses and activities that reflect the diverse needs of our student body,
- a safe and welcoming environment that supports the social, emotional and physical health of our students,
- staff members that are effective, engaged, and proud to be part of IJ Holton,
- collaborative partnerships with our stakeholders, and
- resource management to support the needs of our school.
IJ Holton is a Special Olympics MN Champion School!
The Special Olympics Unified Champion Schools program is aimed at promoting social inclusion through intentionally planned and implemented activities affecting systems-wide change. With sports as the foundation, the three component model offers a unique combination of effective activities that equip young people with tools and training to create sports, classroom and school climates of acceptance. These are school climates where students with disabilities feel welcome and are routinely included in, and feel a part of, all activities, opportunities and functions.