At IJ Holton Intermediate School, STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math) is our guiding focus.
Our curriculum emphasizes how the components of STEAM relate to each other while also integrating those concepts into student assignments, projects, and theme days.
STEAM Classes are multidisciplinary, hands-on class that meets once a week for 55 minutes. All students will register for their STEAM classes in the spring, with a final schedule being provided during the first week of school. Students will choose eight classes from the list and will be placed in one for each quarter or semester, depending on student selection or course availability.
- Game Innovation and Invention
- Theoretical Math With Card Games
- Mission: Destination Mars
- Atoms and Molecules and Reactions – Oh, My!
- Inventors, Innovators, and the art of imagination
- American Ninja Warrior
- Shibori Fabric Dying and Pillow Making
- Pinewood Derby Racing
- Outdoor Yard Games
- Yoga Story Telling
- STEAM Sports and Activities Challenges
- Cookie Jar Mystery
- Spaghetti Bridge Challenge
- Artists Exploration
- ASL (American Sign Language)
- Breakfast Club
- Snack Attack!
- Pollinator Power
- Great Desert Island
- Web Page Design with HTML Plus, Programming/ Coding
- Small Sided Games & Activities
- Solve a Rubiks Cube
- Stop Motion
- Financial Literacy
- Exotic Encounters
- Weather Forecasting
- Video Editing
- Life Skills